:::Long Overdue:::
Monday, December 04, 2006 3:16 PM






Having a feast in hall... but two of the bowls do not belong to me.. "someone" just dumped them to me... haha









Hello!! It feels so good to be back here again!! hahah, i just finished my 1200 words essay... erm this is my first essay ever since A levels? i spent almost 8hrs on it... can't believe it!! i wasted so much time on it .. i want to reward myself so here i am.. i promise myself i will play squash tml... as a form of celebration.. hahah


This is what i do in school everday... attention span is 20 mins during lecture...







This is how our lecture theatre looks like in Electrical Department.. three chalk boards that slide up and down.. yes, chalk boards.. hahaha










And apparently, the last row is always occupied by Singaporeans... who are fond of zzzzz... im not the only one who makes friend with the zzZz monster!!








well, im suffering here... i have a lot of things to do everyday and 24hrs is simply not enough.. i have been sleeping VERY well every night since the first day here BUT i am losing sleep for the past few days.. i slept at 4+am and couldn't wake up the next morning for breakfast / lesson... haha used to laugh at ppl for not being able to wake up... now i have become the victim of the zzzz monster!! strangely, this monster goes around knocking on the doors of my friends too... and poning lectures is becoming a norm... we 'skipped' the last lecture today coz it's really tiring... imagine ending lesson at 6pm.. and the sky looked like 9pm in Singapore.. the day is really short here... darkness start to fall from 4pm onwards...








This is how i looked after a drinking session at the Electrical Depart Potluck.. yes sober? haha...










I must really say a BIG sorry to those ppl whose emails have not been replied. Pls pardon me.. i will try to reply them asap.. there are just too many things to do here.. I can't sit down and study for long hours and even if i promise myself to study for the whole day, i will end up playing squash downstairs or chatting on msn.. what happened to the once disiplined soldier of RECRUIT PEH?? hahah... I can't explain it either.. somehow, I take longer hrs to understand new concepts.. in fact, there is one topic which I spent 20 hrs on it.. and ended up still not being able to comprehend the contents.. it's tough here alright... erm.. i even have to reduce the time spent on webcaming.. either that, or i will webcam and study at the same time... yes, it's ineffective.. haha


This is International Hall, where i will be spending my 1st yr in... shamelessly ripped off from google earth..

















This is what i do when im feeling bored.. taking pic of myself using the integrated webcam.. haha..









The bunch of fun-loving hall mates.. From left: Wenying, Shen Onn, Steph, Jien Loong, and Mr Will.. see they are cam whores too.. haha








NOV is a very very happening month.. We celebrated fengyi's 21st birthday as well as Steph's 18th birthday.. I went for LSE Mambo Night and certainly, it was the first clubbing session for me.. haha.. I had my first computing test which was the first assessment in Imperial .. I had to write a 1200 words technical essay which was only completed a few days before the dateline.. I went to swim for the first time at Imperial 's Sports Hall and was greeted with weird stares.. haha guess wat? the locals wear those boxer type of swimming shorts while the asians, typically the Singaporeans , wear the triangular type of swimming trunks.. it does look a bit out of place but still, it serves us well, by providing cover and concealment for the most important area.. haha..





Decheng came down specially from Manchester to celebrate Fengyi's birthday.. shot taken in the tube station while waiting for a train to get to Bayswater for his birthday treat...














It can be quite sianz during the long journey.. so here is a shot with the birthday boy.. ahah yes, he's spending his 21st birthday in London!










We gave him a surprise in his room... Happy 21st Birthday.. yup, 21 candles lighted.. haha

The cast... hahah cake cutting in the common room! ...







Yoz!!! 02S64 buddies.. haha it's so nice to see Decheng here in London.. Im going to visit u in march next yr!











No!!!! It's not my fault.. hahah i was FRAMED...










Jia Yun and I... Both Victorians!! hhaha she came to join the fun too...


This is really funny... haha



This is how we usually behave in the hall... hahah amusing..






And our common target is usually Steph.. because her actions are very dramatic..

And yes, i went for the first hair cut here.. erm, i brought along my photo just in case i was served by someone who couldn't understand my requirements.. hahah ok, not as if i can have a lot of variations judging from my hairstyle.. but still, i thot it would come in handy... surveyed the entire chinatown and realised that 5 pounds is the cheapest rate that we could find.. BUT ... it was an uncle.. not much trust and confidence in his saloon ... in the end we settled for a 8pound one.. the hairdresser commented that my hair was dirty!!! wth... haha.. i wash everyday.. im sure he just wanted to psycho me into washing my hair and paying additional charges for it... i didn't cut my front.. coz i still wan my golden hair.. haha can't bear to trim the front actually... my hair has curled back... anyway, it feels good to look different from the past 2 mths.. at least much different from last time... straight hair rulez...



Another fight yet again.. haha..



In my hall, there are a lot of people who are SO talented in music.. almost all of them are grade 8 in piano.. ok i know.. im grade -8... haha that's the grade they gave me.. stephanie, only 18, is able to play a piece by just listening to the music once.. haha currently she is my piano teacher.. together with wenying... the fiercer one.. haha.. im learning how to play.. with right hand.. and guess how i learn? i tried to memorise the sequence of the keys.. and there was a part when they gave me the wrong keys... den in the end i had to re-memorise the whole sequence again!! ... but still, the sessions in the piano room were pretty enjoyable.. listening to sad music.. and EMO-ing.. and yes, jien loong, my heart did melt at certain pieces... BUT NOT ALL THE TIME!!

A lot of ppl have been saying that i look rather stressed these days.. but the truth is im not.. i guess i do look stern when i dun laugh... to many others, i may be seen as a joker.. someone who can't stop cracking jokes.. but still, i think everyone needs some breathing space.. and sometimes i just feel like keeping quiet and taking on an observer role.. it's hard to be a joker all the time.. haha..


Taken during guy fawkes day. Jamie, Michelle , Fengyi, me! , Shen Onn, Jien Loong, It's cold!!


Guy Fawkes and Bonfire night. This is the day which the British gather around bonfires to commemorate the capture of Guy Fawkes who tired to blow up the parliament. So we get to see fireworks across London at certain parks and open fields.. We took 45 minutes to travel all the way to Battersea Park which is near Chelsea to watch 30minutes of fireworks.. haha.. i would nv do that in SIngapore.. haha.. but somehow, i tend to be more willing to travel here.. spirits were high... and ppl were partying on the streets... the fireworks were not fantastic but it was enough to make some pp bewildered... hah...







Collage of the fireworks display at Battersea Park.. haha they should be much nicer.. thanks to my 'superb' shooting skills... they look like laser... haha..















I tried to be a NICE guy by calling frens back home to wish them HAPPY birthday... but most of them refused to answer the call... haha.. u all must be thinking that it is a prank call right???? so now, if u see a call from +44........... , do pick it up! because it could be me!! hahah.. usually it's only when i call the second time that ppl start answering...I called Mr Shawn to wish him happy birthday but he didn't pick it up on the first try... I called KaiJing... and my four mentees...(pearl ning, qiao ping, hui ru, xuanyi) hahah all refusing to pick up calls..







Me and Fungus... hahah.. that's what he call himself..







This is extremely silly.. we thought it's in the shooting mode.. haha


Whenever it comes to the night, I tend to miss my parents, my sisters and of course you! ... my mum showed me a plate of duck rice the other day.. which made me drool in front of the webcam.. christmas is coming and i know i can't spend it with my good frens back home... and this applies to new yr, chinese new yr... it's a totally different feeling... i wonder how it will be like to celebrate christmas here.. to all those who are going back to Singapore, enjoy the 3 weeks of holiday... send me xmas greetings from Singapore! haha..

Link 3 comments

3 Comments:

jienloong, wenying and i will be here! we hv christmas dinner here together okay! hahaha!

By Blogger apoapsis-angel, at 8:22 PM  

woohoo i dont mind!!

Merry xmas to everyone!!!

hope it snows in london...

(omg i am hypering again!!)

By Blogger {Wenying}©, at 12:20 AM  

who's the 'you' arh???

haha. how come everyone else got proper acknowledgement except me?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment


=Journey of Self Discovery=

- Welcome to William's bedtime stories corner. This blog is specially created for all my beloved frens out there! If not for u guys, perhaps I would never have started one. Do drop comments along the way esp when u feel that the storyteller is either exaggerating or fabricating fictitious contents haha..