I am back!
Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:25 AM

i didn't realise i haven't been updating the blog for almost 2 weeks! incredible.. what happened to the initial momentum and enthusiasm? haha.. well, i m still alive and kicking though my kicks are not as powerful as before.. Of course, I have many stories to tell again.. hmm.. so where shld i start first?? I know i have to blog today, if not, i will just forget what i wan to post and perhaps by the time i publish my entry, the impact won't be as great anymore..

we had a room crashing session just now... and thanks to all these ppl, they have certainly made my stay in the hall more enjoyable!! hahaha... let's continue to have fun!!



Time passes very quickly, it's almost three weeks since i left Singapore.. I wan to give a hug to the person who invented MSN and webcam. I think these two components have certainly made me feel less distant away from home and in fact, i still feel v much in contact with some of my frens.. n webcaming can be really fun.. hahah.. we even webcam wif ppl who are staying in London.. somehow it has become an obsession.. i dunno.. yes, i used it to take photos of myself.. that day, my fren peeped at my folders and saw self taken shots.. ok i know im going to get a lot of arrows again! haha.. but really, i miss Singapore... everythin is just so efficient.. though it's small, it's BEAUTIFUL!! but im used to the hiccups, glitches, and inefficiency here.. well, u are in London.. what more can u expect? haha..

Talking about webcaming again, it's the first time that my dad says he misses me!! i was kinda touched .. in fact i was V TOUCHED... my dad belongs to the stoic type of person... and he has never said that to me back in Singapore.. i webcam wif my family every weekend.. i guess that is the time when all of them are at home.. and my mummy opened an MSN account just to chat and webcam with me!! haha.. i couldn't believe it when i received her email yesterday!! it was a pleasant surprise indeed!!




I subscribed to the O2 network here and I was kinda conned into signing up for what i thought was the best deal for student. That guy even offered to give me a instant cashback of 50 pounds.. hahah who will give u SGD150.00 for signing up a line? i thot it's an offer not to be missed and with all the rebates, i only need to pay 11 pounds a mth.. n guess wat? now the same shop, is offering a deal at 3.5 pounds per mth!! my god!!! i feel cheated!! seriously.. the deals here change quite frequently.. i heard there was a time when the deal was going at 1 pound per mth!! amazing isn't it? the plans here are so flexible that u can configure/mix and match ur mobile monthly plan... ok finally one plus pt here.. flexibility.. hahah and my new phone is sony ecrission k750i... hahah i have been a fervent Nokia supporter... but no choice lah, since it's free, i just take it.. sony ecrission is so user non-friendly... need some time to get used to it... the camera function is fantastic.. very sharp with its 2 MP capability..

I also applied for the student OYSTER card with my boy boy face on it... hahah... ok, erm.. over here, when u need to 'top up' , u call it "recharging".. haha sounds like recharging a bettery... and the student oyster allows me to have unlimited travel in London but of course , i need to pay a monthly season ticket for it.. sth like our bus stamp.. n i take tube to sch everyday... encountered a lot of funny incidents.. esp the drunkards.. when they board the tube, they will shout.. make noise.. scold vulgarities... and laugh like nobody business... they even took photo with us... imagine!!! i think if this happens in Singapore, they would have been sent to Woodbridge... hahah and one fine day, one of the stations was flooded!! and it couldn't be operational... travelling in UK depends a lot on luck.. as in minor delays are expected on the various lines and u need to check the board at the station for the latest update... if not, u will most likely end up making a wasted trip...oh ya, and the train can't move properly when too many ppl are standing at one side of the train.. somehow it will become lop sided and the train won't be able to move forward... hahah so funny...




I realise I brought a lot of clothes over when i only need eh.. perhaps 4 sets? During the first week, i wore a tshirt for 3 days and a jeans for a week!! hahah but now, i try to force myself to change just in case my sis starts calling me a dirty cow again.. haha .. and i think im quite well equipped... ok except for the cereals and milo, i counted.. and i have to ration them... 1 packet of cereal every mth, 1 packet of milo every fortnight.. haha other than that, i have most of the essential stuff here.. my fren even have to borrow nail clipper lah... scissors lah... blah blah... but den, i didn't bring LIQUID PAPER here!! and i need it badly for my lab log book... my god... hahah and i forget to bring my BIORE PORE PACK!!!! i need it too... hahahah




Let's talk about food... yes, i feel hungry every day.. even after my meal in the hall, i still feel hungry... so i eat a lot of potato chips.. i have spent a lot on them and in fact, i manage to try almost all the flavours alr.. hahaha ... maybe i shld start buying biscuits... food here is expensive.. but it won't be if i stop converting back to sing dollars... one bowl of laksa here costs SGD 19.00!! ahhaha same for duck rice... hor fun.. tell me ppl, will u eat it? perhaps it's cold here, so i get hungry easily... and i realise the portion served in the hall canteen can't satisify my stomach anymore.. that day i ate my share, together with my fren's share and i still felt hungry.. i ate one packet of chips and it didn't help too.. in the end, i had to open one of the cereal packets... sigh... which means i can't open another packet this month alr... potato chips are my babies now... hahah



The weather here is like a temperamental girl.. when it decides to throw tantrum. it can rain for 5 minutes and den stop and rain and stop and rain and stop.. continuously... i also dun bother to use an umbrella when it's raining anymore.. i just grab my jacket... and run.. or use newspapers to cover my head.. haha.. London, being a cosmopolitan city, is blessed with great scenery and infrastructure... also, u see different nationalities here... when i see chinese , i get excited.. hahah.. dunno why also... actually till now, i have v few local friends.... mostly are chinese from malaysia or hongkong...





Oh ya, i have started to prepare my own lunch.. haha i bought lettuce, tomato and tuna mayo from the supermarket... and my first sandwich was greeted with boos and boos... someone even gave me 2/10 marks.. my god! hahah is it really that bad? it tasted quite ok lah.. hahah i think yr1s students tend to save... wait till yr2, i shld be spending my time in the sch dining hall eating the main meals at ard 3pounds per meal... we like to visit this sandwich shop which is about 10 minutes walk from sch, coz they offer the cheapest sandwich or baguette at 1pound... they also give u an apple for free... hahah where else can u find such deal? u can see students flocking there during lunch time everyday...




I wanted to join many CCAs... but i realise i dun really have the time.. I played floorball with the Singapore Society at Hyde Park last week... there was the only session which i sweated so much... i have not sweated much till that day.. everythin was soaking wet... but the sweat evaporated v quickly.. though the throat felt v dry perhaps due to the dry weather here.. u get to see ppl riding on horses in the park too.. hahah amazing... ya, i sprained my neck that day.. somehow i could only turn right.. there was an acute pain when i turned left.. but it's getting better now.. hahah.. and i didn't do warm up or cooling down.. guess wat? i kept having cramps that night and the v next day...

School... yes, Imperial's world ranking is now 9th... im still trying to get used to their style of teaching... hmm.. it's basically independent learning and no spoon feeding at all.. it's challenging... and i must admit during the initial stage , i couldn't get used to it.. esp the first day, i was totally overwhelmed... i felt it was tough... it's not an easy course at all.. and we spend long hours in sch.. unlike ppl from King's college... hahah only 13hrs per week... i guess electrical n electronic eng is a v demanding course... the professors are funny ppl... always trying to inject humour during lectures... i think going to sch is quite fulfilling now... esp when we have to learn so many new things everyday... and either u get it or u dun... when u grasp the concepts, u feel so happy.. when u dun, u panic... either that, or u give up... and end up feeling that the day is sucky.. lab sessions are a torture too....


I think im not used to a life as a student... im not used to using pens... and pencils... and rulers... im more used to holding rifles... hahah.. and my handwriting is getting from worse to worst... and i can't seem to write properly... can't spell some words too... arrrggghh... and yes, it's time to buy textbooks!! hahah talking abt textbooks, i haven't visited the sch's central library yet.. shld start going....




ok i admit i have flu now... *sneezed*what they termed as the freshers' flu.. it only gets worse in the night...n i feel perfectly fine in the morning... hmm... i have this fren in hall, who got herself a flu vaccination in Singapore and now she is suffering the same fate as me!! hahaha.. so happy... oops...




DSTA !!!! hahaha so many of us!















alright, my weekends are quite packed sometimes... for the past week, we had two potlucks over weekend.. at the same place!!! hahah imagine!! but with different groups of ppl.. on sat, it was with the Singapore electrical students... on sunday, it was with the DSTA ppl.. hahah we baked pizza for the first potluck... it was snapped up within 5 minutes.. i think it's nice to have such gatherings... make u feel at home ... and at ease.. since u know that so many ppl are suffering here with u.. okok enjoying life.. hahaha i guess suffering is part of the enjoyment here.. hahah

I need at least 8hrs a sleep everyday... in army, i will spring up from my bed once my alarm clock rings... here, i start to snooze!! arrrrgggghhh why.... i.e set alarm at 8am, alarm rings at 8, snooze... tell myself 10 minutes later, i will wake up... 8.15am, struggled to wake up...nvm 5 more mins... 8.20 wake up to brush teeth... sleep again... 8.30am.. nvm 10 more minutes coz really tired... 8.40am!!! hahah terrible!!! i sleep v soundly every night... till recently, when i started to dream... of course i dream of those ppl whom i miss... probably that's why i refuse to wake up... hahah


i tried their pizza hut buffet the other day... i ate about 12 slices... fantastic.. though they are generally more salty... hahah ok lah... still not too bad... i really wan to learn how to cook... so that i can whip a few nice dishes next yr when i move out of the catered hall... i have done my laundry twice.. the first time was a rather bad experience.. coz the washing machine that i used wasn't working properly!! it didn't perform its spinning function.. and the clothes were so wet... even after putting them in the dryer for 50 minutes, they were still wet.. doing laundry here is like playing 4D... u need to choose the right machine or dryer.. hahah and it's all about LUCK!

We also visited their version of night market.. just that theirs is in the day.. till 2pm.. went with fengyi, lipen and jianloong.. haha with wesley too!! and we met pinky there... they bought some bikes at a discounted price... coz... they are stolen goods... hahah basic necessities are sold at a v cheap price... and lipen got himself quite a lot of things... hahah.. why did i mention about this trip? because we found the following pic on one of the lanes.. i guess thats where the hooligans hang out at night..
















and yes, we are going to visit Tower of London and the tower bridge tml!! hahah.. alright, that's all for now.. my bed is calling me....

Link 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


=Journey of Self Discovery=

- Welcome to William's bedtime stories corner. This blog is specially created for all my beloved frens out there! If not for u guys, perhaps I would never have started one. Do drop comments along the way esp when u feel that the storyteller is either exaggerating or fabricating fictitious contents haha..