Orientation Week
Monday, October 09, 2006 7:10 AM


Star troopers on the way now! hahah..



Freshers week has officially ended and school is starting today... the orientation week is somewhat similar to that in NUS/NTU, just that there isn't any stayover camp held in sch.. for our department, we had to build a flying car using scrape materials such as napkin, toothpicks, elastic bands, cardboard, polo mint, pencils and paper clips..we are divided into groups of 6 to accomplish this daunting task.. and throughout the entire freshers week, we had to meet up to finish this project.. purpose is to let us have fun, and enjoy the process of working together... eventually, a competition was held, and my group's flying car, which looked just like an aeroplane, flew a whopping distance of 7.6m, quite an achievement, considering the time we spent on it, hahah probably that's why we still didn't win anythin in the end!



CCA Walkabout... so many ccas for u to join.. but u have to pay a nominal fee for all applications.. i joined quite a few but now, I am kinda lazy to turn up for the meetings or practices.. hahah.. in fact, i went for the archery trial, and it was simply amazing! I could shoot well with a rifle but not with a bow and arrow.. hahah.. somehow, i had to use a lot of strength and the first few rounds, my shots were all over the place, some even went off target... didn't hit the bull eye but some shots were close.. the bow has to be zeroed as well, similar to rifle.. of course, e satisfaction of hitting the bull eye is immense.. forgot to bring camera on that day, so there isn't any photo to show my 'fantastic' archery skills... if that's the kind of standard in army, i probably have to go through tonnes of remedial training.. hahaha I also signed up for bridge club, fitness club, frisbee, arts, film club and gold cart... if there is a eating club, i will definitely join too.. hahah




I couldn't get onto the tube for the v 1st time.. It was so crowded.. and basically there was only a nose distance between everyone... imagine how packed it was.. and the waiting time displayed on the screen was so misleading.. 1min seemed like 3 minutes.. now im starting to appreciate the warmth inside the tube... every time i walk to the tube station, i just can't wait to get into the tube because it is really cold outside.. brr bbrbr...





I got to know two Malaysian girls from my hall and they are really friendly. One of them reminds me of my starhub colleague and she is always smiling and making fun of me.. They brought us to Chinatown and I was so happy when I reached there... so many nice faces ard, i mean most of them are asians.. and u feel at home when u see them.. u can buy all sorts of spices over there and things like chinese tea, tiger beer, chilli sauce.. the maggie chilli sauce costs SGD$4.20!!


























hahah.. i was so tempted to buy the mooncakes.. we dined at a Malaysian cruisine restaurant and we had curry chicken and lamb.. it was fabulous.. i think Im seriously missing chi delights.. like carrot cake and fried kway teow.. i wanted to buy laksa but it costs 6.50 pounds, equivalent to $19.50 sing dollars!!! hahah okok, i know i should just stop converting.. i guess I really walk a lot in London, ever since I reached here.. and trust me, im walking faster and faster... building up my stamina at the same time..


























Basically chinatown is just a very small area in Leicester Square. It's only a few streets but there r many resturants.. looking at the ducks and chickens, i can't help but start to salivate.. haha we also explored the areas and streets nearby, and we walked to Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square where we had a lot of fun..teasing and playing a fool with one another... the buildings were great... and the pigeons too! haha..



















Pigeons delight... ahahhah




I feel really homesick yesterday but luckily there were a bunch of v supportive Singaporean group and I was offered a mooncake with egg yolk.. There are actually about 10+ Singaporeans in my hall, most doing law in King's college... and they know lulu too... wat a small world! i guess talking to ppl from Singapore helps and I think i feel much better after that... hahaha... my god.. why am I so emotional?



had a crush on the trooper.. what a kiss!

*this is an edited version... i am typing this paragraph in the school computer lab.. Just attended the first lecture on lab introduction. i fell asleep 20 mins after the lecture.. the seat was simply too comfortable and the zzZz monster came knocking on my door! Now, I have found a new place to sleep and if this continues, I am going to get into deep trouble... there isn't much room to maneouver my long legs.. so it's a bit uncomfortable at times...

My timetable is out... all of us have slightly different schedules as we are splitted into different groups... i guess i am really lucky... practically, i study 4 days a week but my tue and thurs are packed, from 9am to 6pm... average about 25hrs a week...

I am still trying to get used to carrying a bag to sch and spending hrs in the lecture theatres and labs.. gone are they days when we carry rifles, field packs, sbo and helmet... it's a much lighter load now... hahah


Link 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


=Journey of Self Discovery=

- Welcome to William's bedtime stories corner. This blog is specially created for all my beloved frens out there! If not for u guys, perhaps I would never have started one. Do drop comments along the way esp when u feel that the storyteller is either exaggerating or fabricating fictitious contents haha..