Last Day in Singapore
Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:24 AM

I will never forget 29th Sept 2006, the day when I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I just couldn't think properly. All these while, I have been preparing for this big day, getting the documents for overseas studies ready and buying e essential items like luggages, toiletries n clothes. I just couldn't believe that the day has come so quickly and I was truly at the mercy of time. Why can't I have a few more days ? Time is cruel, it refused to listen to my plea and it was ticking away at an alarming rate. After spending 21yrs of my life in this small island, I just couldn't bear to leave everythin behind esp when I have a close knitted family and some great frens here.


I spent my last day in Singapore preparing farewell gifts for my family. The thought of coming back only 1 yr later made me really sad. It's so weird, I suddenly have the urge to stay and study locally but I know everythin is too late. It's been a long time since I cried but every time when I talked to my mum about the trip, my eyes just couldn't help but become teary.I can't even imagine me crying, oh man, im such a big boy alr!




I want to thank my parents for taking such good care of me for the past 21yrs, my sisters for bullying me as well as the fun and laughter.. and yingyan for her love and concern. I managed to have a taste of most local and asean delights before i left for London. My mum even made it a point to whip a few of my fav dishes such as curry fish head and chili crab. I wonder when n where would I have the chance to eat local seafood again.


I think I had irregular heartbeat on that day and it was beating so fast that I felt I had just completed a 2.4km run. My inbox was flooded with well wishes and e incessant calls from frens were greatly appreciated. When I reached the airport, I felt like taking a cab to go home. A lot of frens came to send me off and I was really touched. I was kinda in a daze too coz there were too many ppl and I regretted not being able to spend more time talking to all of you who turned up . There were just so many photos to take, msgs to reply and calls to answer. I really wan to thank all of you for making the trip down, no matter how long u had stayed there. For those who couldn't make it, thanks for the care n concern, hope to see you guys soon!

I encountered some baggage problem due to overweight and I spent about 1 hr trying to check in. Exceeded by 8kg so had to repack everythin and my hand luggage was almost as heavy as my backpack! Emirates refused to budge and most of us had to try all sorts of ways to reduce the weight of the checked in luggages. Never trust STA Travel! I kept checking my watch and time seemed to be slipping away very quickly.. Finally at ard 0100hrs, it was time to bid farewell to all my loved ones.. sigh... decided to go in early so that my frens could go home.


I was indeed thankful that some of my frens stayed throughout even after the small hiccup during check in. I could have spent more time with you all if not for the overweight issue. Though some of u left to catch the last bus/train home, I am really grateful that u guys turned up and I just wan to tell all of you that I treasure the friendship from each and everyone of u. I also got to see some ppl whom I haven't seen for ages and the feeling was really great!


The parting scene was nothing without tears. I thought I could control myself until my sisters started crying. It was kinda painful to see her weep.. I gave all my buddies a farewell hug and I lost control when it was my mum's turn. And I cried in front of the policeman!! Thanks to all my frens who stayed on and accompanied me through the last few moments in Singapore. I really feel appreciated coz I know some of u had to take cabs home and some had lesson the next morning.It took me a lot of courage to walk towards the immirgration counter.. i left with a really heavy heart.. I dare not look back.. As I cleared the immirgation, I kept thinking abt the good times and memories that I had in my homeland!! I had a lot of questions and uncertainties in mind, but no matter how daunting the path is, I know there's no turning back..

This is a place where true and strong friendships are forged and I really can't wait to go back to Singapore. You guys will be sorely missed!







DSTA frens to send us off












My Luggages & Little William!






Liheng, one of my favourite bridge partners back in the JC days.. hahha we even played bridge in front of our maths tutor during lesson!













Huiru, thanks for the photo frame with all our photos.. Work hard for A levels!









Pearl Ning, my No.3, thanks for organising that wonderful kbox session and dinner... Must pass ur maths papers!











Xuanyi, Gonna work hard to be a teacher! Must get 4As!










The NA Team, hahahah im the No.1 this time since Laura is absent.. Wishh miss u girls!












Norman, Bingliang, thankx for coming! What a surprise!




Yingyan, Shijia, Zhihao, John (4J)


John Tan! ahhah luckily u made it! All right man!


















Zhihao san, getting stronger everyday... remember the promise ah!



Shijia, my starhub colleague, u know what i wan to tell u.. haha










Jeremy, A man of your word, Work hard in Medicine! Dr Mong!










JunBin, Thanks so much for making e trip down... must have a hard time convincing ur mum... e cookies were great! haha.. if not i would have starved..














Huiying, for making a guest appearance! didn't see her for yrs.. thanks for coming! Is this photo really that nice? haha








Weiloong, one of my best buddies back in SJ.. will never forget what u wrote inside the card... that's for I wanted to tell u too!



Liheng and Thian Seng... u guys rockz! hahah dude, u forgot to give me a hugz!














4J guys.. John, Zhihao, Jeremy and Weileen! miss the good old days...






02s64 guys... licheng, liheng, tienfa ge! hahah dun worry, ur captain won't let u all down... u guys study hard too! funky !!










Sorry to make u wait! had problem with luggages.. won't forget u.. hahah charlie battery officers! hope ur relationship get stronger each day! take care!










Weiloong, dun let me go!! we gonna be best buddies next time! hahaha... two lovable cocks!









Edwin, im going to miss ur edwin goh syndrome.. very soon i will have mine too... 23SA OFFICERS!




Norman, Yonghui, Edwin, Shawn, Weiloong, Bingliang
The SJAB Legacy.... hahaha can't believe we were first aiders before





2C Spirit! Yonghui, Lipen, Stanley, Zihua, Junbin... very touched that u guys came.. all the best.. keep me updated with all the cock stories.. hahah






Confronting Session... hahah stanley and zihua looking on.. I didn't do anything wrong!




Shawn and norman... The three standard coordinators... those were the days! Maris, sedi.. ye











Duxian, fellow SjAB squadmates.. hahah u gonna study hard man! junbin posing for a shot







Reynard. My Primary sch fren... what a coincidence to see him in the airport.. hahah










Who suggested taking this shot? hahaha Japanese class frens.... haiya, junbin, wenbin, kah pin.. all the pin pin pin... hey john! odd one out..










And FINALLY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING, WAITING, ACCOMPANYING and SENDING ME OFF for the last stretch!











I miss home!

Link 2 comments

2 Comments:

WOW.. alot of photos taken~~ sorry cldn't send u off~ hahaha you take care in London la.. =)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

Yoz Capt Peh... Sad that you've left... Take care k? And call us when you return... We 64 guys shall be there@Changi waiting with a pack of cards for bridge.... haha...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment


=Journey of Self Discovery=

- Welcome to William's bedtime stories corner. This blog is specially created for all my beloved frens out there! If not for u guys, perhaps I would never have started one. Do drop comments along the way esp when u feel that the storyteller is either exaggerating or fabricating fictitious contents haha..